lundi 2 novembre 2009

Vipassana

Écrit le lundi 2 novembre 2009 by Unknown


The text is very long this time, I tell my Vipassana experience ... you can always havea look on my picture !!

These are my last days in Sydney, I finished work, but this Sunday is a bit special, I had a vision ... no, I'm serious, Jesus appeared to me in big clouds. .. in great in the blue skies of Sydney ... now I know he don't speaks French or Hebrew or Arabic, but English ...
 
This message said "Jesus is hope" , and after he spent much of the day messing around and write stuff in the sky ... all that to say the Australian Jesus have got more money than the european Jesus.  The Church is not sharing properly?
 
 
 
After a month and a half working in a French pastry, I made my "goodbye" to the colleagues with whom I really had great time ...
 
 
The pastry was a bit "L'Auberge Espagnole" Australian. A great mix of nationalities ... Japanese, Chinese, Bangladeshi, Spanish, South American and French.
  
  
  
 
 


 

 
 

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
On 21 October, I took the train to the "Blue Mountain" (the Blue Mountains: Called like that because of the reflection of leaves of eucalyptus forest that covers it). I'm off to a meditation retreat.
- Vipassana --
Vipassana means to see things as they really are. Ten-day courses in this ancient meditation practice are offered in every state of Australia and in New Zealand.
The technique is a pure science of mind and matter. It is also an art of living, an antidote to all the stresses and strains of life. It provides a deep pool of peace and harmony within, and ultimately leads to the end of suffering.
There are no charges for the courses, because the technique itself is invaluable. All costs are covered by donations from previous students.

As described here, this is not a sect, and afterwards, I confirm ... I owe them € 3000 that until next month (i m kidding). 

In the center you have a room or dormitory, the days are punctuated by a gong

04:00: Sunrise (the first day and the second you want to kill the guy who bit on the gong)
04:30: Meditation (2 hours)
06:30: Breakfast (fruit n 'fiber, tea, herbal tea, and fruit)
08h00: Meditation (3 hours)
11:00: Lunch (last meal of the day)
13h00: Meditation (4hrs)
17h00: Afternoon snack (fruit tea)
19h00: Meditation (1 hour)
20:00: Speech (1:30 hours)
20h30: Meditation (½ hour)
21h00: End of day

that's about what kind of day for 10 days.

I am not going there completely random, I had heard about that by a friend (Pierji), I was informed, but I did not feel really ready -- i m afraid to become crazy - my mind is so plenty of through --

And then as there is no hazard, last May, I met Philip, a German traveler, who comes out of this meditation. In my head, the path is through July. I tell myself "this trip is also an opportunity to experience this", finally, I signed up for this session in late October.


Here I arrived at Blue Mountain
I must confess that until after I failed to u turn ... I was afraid to go mad, I think too much for this kind of thing!

Finally, the framework is great, people are full of good intentions, you feel good! Once registered, volunteers serve the first meal ... What vegetables and rice ... everything I love! (humor). 20H00, the gong sounds, the first meditation (uh! Does not start until tomorrow?)

I realize in the grand hall at the other end of the site - No, here is the scope for women - and yes we are separated to avoid arousing the envy ... Unfortunately not enough! (we're all in the same hall, just not the same entries).
 
Serpent around 1m50 - venomous but not aggressive
The teachers (one for men and one for women) are installed on their head, a voice emerges from nowhere ... the Goenka (who is to "rediscover" the Vipassana method is that it provides the technical )

The instructions are simple, nothing external, no drugs, just observing the breath and body sensations - no drugs or sex or rock'n'roll --

An hour of meditation to start is a long one hour ... ten days will be long ...

Day 1
I watch my breath ... 2 seconds later I am back in my mind with my through (you know what I mean). Refocusing ... 1 ... 2 ... is when you leave? "I can not, it does not come ... I'll be weighed with all my thoughts ...
End of long day, I go to bed
Day 2 

I slept well, but I'm going to kill the guy gong ... I think others on the way, not a greeting, not a look ... they are serious!

First meditation from 4:30 to 6:30 am, I do not know if I snored or not!
Second Meditation, I concentrate, concentrate, concentrate ... not that it should not be "concentrated", and then I change positions all the time, I have the limbs.

The lunch break is terrible, I'm not hungry... I have the brain even more crowded than usual ... I shall call the teacher (it does with everyone), he explains that it's normal (I have 15 hours of "meditation" behind me. ..)

Third Meditation, ah, I managed to take over a minute ... continues, it begins to come!

Day 3
That's it liberates the mind, the thoughts begin to disappear, do not fight, let slip ... By refining the technique by focusing on a small area where you should feel the breath

Day 4
In the morning I'm ready to go, my mind runs again in every sense of the night was very agitated, full of nightmares. I get mad...

And suddenly, two hours after the spirit is more at ease

To be consistent with the technique, it must comply Sila five precepts:
  • Refrain from killing
  • Refrain from stealing
  • Abstain from sexual misconduct
  • Refrain from saying bad things (hence the silence)
  • Refrain from taking intoxicants (alcohol, coffee, drugs, etc ...)

    The second step was to test Anapana, observation of respiration on a small area below the nose. We learn Vipassana, moving our attention from head to feet and feet to the head and observe all the sensations remaining in total equanimity (no ruling good or bad) 
In other words, for sensory level, with my "hypochondriac", I will be served! 

Day 5
We experimented Vipassana, not easy to stay equanimous more than three hours per day we are forced to sit in the same way without moving any body part ...

At the end of the day, I start to get used to it, but strange sensations through me. Bad memories rise to the surface ...

During all the days pass, we keep an eye on the others that they do not seem to suffer - the bastards - why me!

Sleep promises to be agitated, I have trouble falling asleep

Day 6
The night of 4 hours is a bit short, I am addressing the vegetarian meals (also in this respect, I think that vegetarians have a complex "piece of meat", they feel compelled to put a bigger vegetable side of your other piles of vegetables for you to suggest that it is a piece of meat ... not easy to be fooled). The food is really excellent ... Finally, I am done with all these vegetables and rice. In the kitchen, were also volunteers who make meals, like all teachers, managers and servers.

In short, at noon, I eat very fast and became crazy (back to my room), full of morbid thoughts back ... and that how we manage! The teacher had seen me in the morning and called me, he reassures me ... this is normal, it is the Sankara (old reactions that lead to a conditioning of the mind - such as mental illness in the long term such as dementia -) - brief, he said the storm is past, focus on your breathing. When this guy speaks to you (volunteer teachers for ten days), he is compassionate and that helps tremendously. And then I knew it was ten days it was not holiday!

In the afternoon, all is fine after a few breaths, I found the smile

Day 7 - the big chill
Attempts will always observe the sensations, but this time trying to do several body parts at the same time ...

After 7 days already, I can finally say that I never wore focus of my life, and that I had practiced meditation, they were only lullabies to sleep.

The night, before bed, i continue, I do not feel my body, but a mass of energy ... it's really nice, I play with, I did appear, disappear and then three times after nothing more ... I fell asleep a little frustrating.

Day 8
I am distracted by the slightest noise ... I can no longer concentrate I do not know, yesterday I had the great thrill ...

During the speech tonight, I understand what happens. The teacher explains that they will surely feel the sensation, but it must be neither desire nor aversion to the feeling, if, we regress! Ok, and what I do now, it would not have said it before Mr. I know everything!

Day 9 
The sensations back gently, difficult to concentrate, I know it's nearly the end ... of course, travel. I am kind dissipated, I try to laugh my neighbor ... and I got ... it was as distract as well as me!

Day 10
We were finally allowed to speak ...

All changes, it's terrible you made the acquaintance of people you know in ten days, you say hello, exchange names ... Wow he has that voice, you break all the images Grabbing ... and you exchange experiences ... 
  
  
And then we talk each other and you see than some of the other felt the same sensations on the 7th day, but went through the same path ... people of the 4 corners of the world, cultures and religions, and finally, everyone has worked hard to get there!

To help us to come back to the "normal" life, we learn another technique of meditation is to spread the good vibes that we have in us.

With my French neighbor cyril, we spent the day laughing like crazy ... the hours of meditation have been made, pressing her lips hard not to burst out laughing during the noble silence... we ended up separation was so hard.We were not alone, girls, we could hear muffled laughter ...

The debating between us still, late into the night (21:30) ;-), many trade and exchange ... it is really all the same ... All this raises the same issues ... but finally, in general, people trade so little that we believe crazier than others ... finally, we are all great neurotic, always self-pollute the mind! ! 


Day 11
4:00, what the gong sounds again, but no, it's over ... Goenka's last speech ... you just say that the speeches are in English with a strong emphasis tends hilarious the first time but very very long, it tends to repeat 4-5 times the same thing with different metaphors ...

So every night we left the main room to find himself in a small room with other foreigners to learn in our language. There, a manager we "watched" many times, a girl I finally called Sophie who was rather cute ... we watched, falling under the spell expecting it happens at night. I learned later that my friend Cyril was exactly the same, he was called her "Veronica."
 
On day 10, she came to see us to talk, I end by asking him his name is Anabelle and she reacts tit o tit and finished by saying "I have the impression that you were very excited when I was with you in meditation, right? ". There, I felt quite stupid, no control, I blush... and felt very uncomfortable ;-) - no, me not! - Not very satisfied

On day 10, I asked myself if I continue this technique, probably too full after 10 days intense and today. The speeches of the evening did not always my philosophy, but the practice of meditation can be done in all cases.

Today, Day 11, I left the center of the "blue mountains" with a light heart and a smile, after repeated exchanges of mail, I found the bustle of the city. I found myself in a mall and there, the speech took its meaning ...

Desires and dislikes ...

Well, it's been my experience during those ten days, but every experience is different and more hard work starts now ...meditation at home, finding the courage to do it! An hour morning and evening.

I come now to my last month trip to Australia, I want a lift to go north to Cairns. Back in Sydney in late November and starting December 3 for Malaysia and permanent return in mid-December.

Keep well and Be Happy!

These meditations centers operate through volunteerism and donations to the center (you can give what you want. You can not give if you stopped before the end of ten days and you do not have to give even having made ten days). During the speeches each night he is reminded that it is a lifestyle not a religion ... that everyone can keep their religion and practice the Dhamma. 

For more information: http://www.french.dhamma.org/index.html Or directly with me ... what I have lived in the center only!

Rien à l'horizon pour "Vipassana"