vendredi 18 septembre 2009

Return to Spring !!

Écrit le vendredi 18 septembre 2009 by Unknown


After my journey in New Zealand, I returned to Sydney for the start of summer (we already had 35 ° C). With $ 8 in my pocket, it's time to get a job. For a week I stayed in backpacker after, no money, i will be in the street, guitar in hand ... given my current level, I had no choice, i need a job.

I started distributing my resume in my backpacker district, Kingcross a neighborhood bad reputation, but really easy to live there... many restaurants, bars.
 
 


At night, the English guys (Greg and Louise) with who I share my room encourage me.


"When there is one, it's okay. It is when there are many of them, there is lot of problems !"


 


"Uh, I do not speak English of the photo, but that invade Ibis in Sydney ..."
(Yes, the stupidity of our politicians is so important that it responds to the other end of the world)


I had a try, in a first pastry with a boss who offered me $ 10 an hour, cash in hand... even i run out of money, I felt compelled to say her, she make fun about me with her ridiculous pay... but I have no choice, I agree ... The next day, I continued my distribution in another district (Bondi Junction) before going to my try tonight.
 
 
 
 
 
At six o'clock when I arrived for my try, the boss (who seemed more infamous than the district itself) tells me that she finally took someone else ... I'm not surprised at all!

 
By the way, the next day, i m called by another bakery for a try earlier next week,  on Monday ... my backpack week ending on Tuesday, I must find home. Anne, my studies buddy who has spent much time on Sydney, find me a friend of her who don't care to digging one or a few nights in couchsurfing (squatter few days with someone).
  
On Monday, I go for my try in the pastry in Bondi Junction (Sydney area with a huge mall), it starts badly, I'm not dressing appropriate to begin the manager hesitates and finally made me pass the test ... 2 hours after the test, she asks me if I can stay for the end of the day ... youhou, I get a job ... during my break, she lent me the money personally and asked me to go buy pants and black shoes ... I'll be pay $ 18.45 per hour ...
 

I agree with Anne's friend who eventually proposed to me to rent the room where I sleep (not much expensive for Sydney)... So basically, everything is going pretty well for my back in Australia.
 
The Anne's friend, Viola, introduced me to her friends and I started going out with colleagues from work ...


I enjoy my day break to visit Sydney and take a few pictures .... I also recrosses Remi, buddy travel for 5 months which is ironed on Sydney before leaving Australia for New Zealand.



Today, it's been three weeks that I started working, still not a cent, because my bank has closed the bank account of my wages ... but good news, the Australian Government reimburse me my taxes on my wages potatoes, I'll receive a check of 1 670 $.... and my manager, Fanny, gives me full for hours to save money ...
 
 
The advantage of coffee work is until the evening when throwing food, as it hurts me inside, I recovered ... sandwiches, strawberry tarts, Charlotte, almond cakes, donuts, I do not list all but in any case, it's delicious.
 
 
Remains to be a little patient ... meanwhile, I still have a month to visit Sydney, Nightlife fun. Another month to work in this coffee cake-baking with my colleagues really nice, before hitting the road for my final month in Australia .... it goes really fast! "



 





Take care of you!


The Pirate

Rien à l'horizon pour "Return to Spring !!"